* High school diploma or equivalent experience required.
* Post secondary education preferred.
* Medical Terminology certificate is preferred.
* 1-2 years previous registration experience preferred. Comparable experience in healthcare revenue cycle operations is acceptable (e.g.; scheduling, billing, call center, registration, financial counseling).
* Working knowledge of eligibility verification and prior authorizations for payment from various HMOs, PPOs, commercial payers and other funding sources preferred.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
* Working knowledge of the revenue cycle preferred.
* Previous experience with cash collection preferred.
* Working knowledge of diagnostic, procedure, supplies and/or facility coding specific to area of authorization required by department/unit preferred.
* Previous experience working in a team environment.
Skills And Abilities Required:
* Communication - Excellent customer service skills, strong communication skills, excellent phone etiquette, ability to handle patient complaints to resolution following the 4 A's as outlined by Children's Service Standards.
* Computer - Window-based PC skills, keyboarding, 40 wpm (speed and accuracy), utilizing payer web pages, data entry ability.
* Organizational - Ability to organize/prioritize work and manage time effectively, ability to work from multiple
schedules, detail oriented; ability to multitask, excellent follow-through skills.
* Technical - Knowledge of hospital, regulatory and compliance policies and procedures preferred, knowledge and understanding of insurance payer requirements.
* Problem solving - Critical thinking skills, resourcefulness, self-motivated, detail oriented, continuous quality improvement/process improvement orientation
* Understands and upholds the basic philosophies of the revenue cycle, accounts receivable, and patient accounts.
Please click here to view the Physical Demands
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of an occupational health assessment, drug screen, background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Children's Minnesota requires proof of COVID-19 vaccine, and as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases, prior to employment.
Children's Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.