Location: Canton, Ohio
Admin / Clerical
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time (40 hours per week) M-F Days
The Office Coordinator meets administrative and secretarial requirements for department management.
1. Meets administrative and secretarial requirements of the Department Supervisor of the office.
2. Responsible for maintaining a safe and orderly office environment.
3. Monitors safe and reliable functioning of office equipment and facility.
4. Trains and oversees all work of clerical staff in the following areas of functioning
5. Communicates with other CHPA offices, hospital departments, and outside agencies.
6. Researches appointment, scheduling, billing and customer service problems for patients/families.
7. Works with the Department Supervisor to develop systems/procedures to help the office run more efficiently.
8. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in a front office medical function is required.
2. Experience with maintaining confidential information is required.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
4. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
5. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Electronic Medical Record software and scheduling software is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required Associate's degree is preferred.
2. Certification: None.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: