Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function require various nurse licensure and may require certification based on role and grade level. Licensure includes RN and LPN/LVN , depending on grade level, with current unrestricted licensure in applicable state. Roles are responsible for retrospective review of medical claims and application of medical and reimbursement policies. *Employees in jobs labeled with ‘SCA’ must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement. Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed.
- Owns output at task level
- Work is generally limited to own function
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion
- Coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Develops plans to meet short-term objectives
- Identifies and resolves operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan
- Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact individual employees and/or customers (internal or external)
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Active PHRN License
- At least 5 years experience as Subject Matter Expert/Assistant Manager/Supervisor/Manager
- Experience in UMR/Healthcare Operations/BPO
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2023 Optum Global Solutions (Philippines) Inc. All rights reserved.