*$1500 Sign on Bonus Available for External Candidates**
Incentive Bonus 2 times a year
18 days of PTO & Closed on Major Holidays
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Under the direction of providers (defined as an MD, DO, DPM, NP, or PA) or RNs, the LVN/LPN provides clinical support functions and professional nursing care to patients using established standards of clinical nursing care and procedures approved by the applicable state board of nursing. Is an active member of the health care team to assess patients’ needs, provide input into the plan of care and implement prescribed interventions.
- Performs all nursing duties within the scope of a Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse (procedures, injections, medication administration, EKGs, phlebotomy) as determined by the applicable State Board of Nursing
- Participates in implementing established education plans for patients and their families with common health problems and well-defined health learning needs
- Coordinates patient care as directed by providers, RNs, and policies, including referrals, transition visits, medications, procedures, and follow-up
- Documents chief complaint and rooms patients according to policy and procedures, prepares patient for examination
- Telephonically obtains information on chief complaint and symptoms and accurately relays information to the provider
- Collects data and performs “focused” nursing assessment of patients; assists in the evaluation of a patient’s response to treatment and identifies patient’s needs; communicates findings to the provider
- Records patient assessment and care in the medical record in an accurate and timely manner
- Reviews the patient record, chart, reports (including laboratory and x-ray), and other pertinent information for patients prior to being seen by the provider and reports relevant information to the provider and/or RN
- Provides a safe environment (OSHA standards) for patients and staff in the clinic
- Ensures patient confidentiality (HIPAA) at all times and treats patients with courtesy and respect
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments
- Practices standard infection control precautions
- Ensures medication management follows policies and procedures; appropriately documents medications & immunizations in patient records
- Follows laboratory management policies & procedures and CLIA standards; collects lab samples and ensures proper labeling
- Fulfills medication refill requests following approved protocols
- If certified in IV therapy; starts peripheral lines, monitor and adjusts flow rates, prime IV lines, changes dressing on IV sites (if needed) and discontinues venous lines
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current and unrestricted State Vocational/Practical Nursing license
- Current BLS certification
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures
- Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records
- Ability to perform medical procedures, give injections and perform phlebotomy
- If required by the clinic, IV certification must be obtained
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- IV certification
- 2+ years of experience in a medical setting
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Effective listening and communication skills; proper use of grammar and spelling
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with providers/staff, patients, and the community
- Good communication and customer service skills
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 25 pounds of force
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving Occasionally requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
USMD part of OptumCare is a multi-specialty group of hospital, clinics and physicians. USMD serves the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area with more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners, and provides healthcare services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at its 2 hospitals, 4 cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics, many of which are multi-specialty.
Careers with USMD. If you’re idea of a great day at work involves putting great new ideas to work, we should talk. Throughout the greater Dallas area, we’ve built an evolving, integrated health care model that brings primary care and specialist providers together to work in new and better ways. A thriving part of OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, our multi - specialty group of hospitals, clinics and providers features more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners. We provide health care services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at our two hospitals, four cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.