Location: Warwick, New York
The Care Partner is responsible for providing direct patient care for, but not limited to, obstetrical and newborn patients. This position performs vital checks, provides perineal care, assists with breastfeeding as well as patient ambulation and personal care as needed. In addition, the Care Partner performs specific clerical duties under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Processes newborn screening forms and maintains PKU logbook.
- Assists with transferring newborns to and from nursery as needed.
- Provides newborn care including newborn baths, diaper changes, I&O, weight checks, and pulse oximetry screenings.
- Participates in discharge care of patients such as assuring required newborn data is complete and documented.
- Sets up newborn bassinettes and patient rooms for next admission or delivery.
- Supports family centered care.
- Carries labeled specimens to lab, pathology, blood bank, or emergency department.
- Cleans instruments and equipment following procedures, deliveries, or circumcisions, and places them in their proper place and or in the biohazard central supply cart.
- Maintains proficiency in infant security system procedures.
- Conducts maternal and newborn patient identification procedures as necessary.
- Maintains competencies through annual renewal and ongoing timely educational programs/offerings.
- Restocks LDRP suites and operating room with designated equipment and supplies.
- Places supply orders as directed by the unit manager or designee.
- Provides clerical assistance as needed.
- Provides care within scope of practice in units as needed.
- Communicates identified deficiencies/problems in a timely manner to the appropriate RN.
- Promptly notifies licensed nursing personnel of situations which require immediate attention including abnormal vital signs.
- Maintains one-to-one observation on designated patients once CPI has been completed.
- Maintains knowledge of special diets and dietary restrictions as directed by the RN.
- Delivers accurate report to RN, peers, and other health team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Previous experience health care preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalency required; Successful completion of Care Partner Orientation program including classroom and clinical components.
Completion of AHA - BLS Healthcare provider course within one year.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey's Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.