Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a Clinical Dietitian to join our Adult Clinical Nutrition team.
- Conducts nutrition care in accordance with the Nutrition Care Process while maintaining time guidelines according to hospital policy.
- Identifies patient nutrition status and nutritional needs using established standards of care and practice guidelines.
- Determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and monitoring/evaluation.
- Provides patient and staff education on Nutrition Care in an evidence-based manner using approved education materials.
- Conduct nutrition focused physical examinations, diagnoses malnutrition, independently order nutrition-related feedings, diets, and medications within scope of practice, as defined by Medical Staff Services. Make referrals to others within and outside SLHS as necessary.
- May lead and mentor others acting as first point of escalation. May participate in interview, training and onboarding process as needed. Participate in performance improvement initiatives as needed.
- May assist Clinical Nutrition Manager with department operations and performance improvement initiatives.
- Handles moderately complex issues using knowledge of procedures and policies. Refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Obtains and maintains credentials, privileges, and competency for all applicable clinical areas, as administered by Medical Staff Services.
- Actively participates in department-level care councils.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, or related field
- Licenses/Certifications: Current Registered or Licensed Dietitian in state of practice
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
For more information, please contact Julie Leguineche at firstname.lastname@example.org
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.