Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
This is a work from home position. The ability to work from home could change per business needs.
Summary: In this essential role the scope of responsibilities consist of coordinating services between our clients' needs and staff availability, track client and staff schedule changes and updating the computer system. A Coordinator possesses the ability to handle complex appointment requests in all necessary applications. This position requires heavy telephone work, customer interface, the ability to juggle multiple priorities and work independently in a fast paced environment. As a team member, you will work to provide the best care and services possible to our clients and respond to client and/or staff issues promptly to ensure issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
1. Is a subject matter expert, providing additional support and back up assistance as deemed necessary.
2. Is accessible and able to mentor new team members.
3. Enter and validate medical, demographic, insurance, financial, and business data in a timely and courteous manner in appropriate systems to ensure master patient index integrity and creation of an accurate appointment/encounter and claim.
4. Identify and communicate the need for interpreter services and handle a wide variety of patient inquiries regarding physicians, services and logistics to ensure access to care with maximum throughput and minimal delay.
5. Recruits and trains patients to access My Chart personal health record
6. Exceeds achievement of productivity and quality standards as stipulated by departmental goals.
7. Is the subject matter expert, providing assistance with the use of computer systems, insurance/government regulations and CHMCA policies/procedures used within the department.
8. Promotes collaboration and call center success.
9. Functions as an integrated team member and works collaboratively with other staff and providers across the system to improve patient experience and department efficiency.
10. Maintains a clean and organized work area. Will be cross-trained to perform other duties as assigned.
11. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Demonstrated ability to use PCs (and toggle between multiple applications), MS Office, and general office equipment (i.e. printers, scanners, copy machine, multi-line phone, FAX machine, etc.) required.