Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
As the first children's hospital in Michigan, our hospital has an international reputation in pediatric medicine, surgery and research, training more pediatricians than any other facility in the state.
In collaboration with senior leadership and subordinate staff, plans, implements and evaluates processes related to performance improvement, staffing effectiveness, fiscal management, staff competence and customer service outcomes within designated units or services. Ensures that regulatory requirements/standards are communicated, implemented and monitored. Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to plan, implement & evaluate activities related to department, hospital and DMC objectives. Models customer service excellence.
1. Assures quality and appropriateness of care. Facilitates and supports the establishment of unit based quality improvement programs and supports continuous improvement processes.* Uses processes and metrics to manage/measure accountability for self and assigned services or units.
2. Creates an environment of shared decision-making. Promotes multidisciplinary collaboration on patient care and related issues. Serves as a facilitator by removing barriers that prevent staff from effectively and efficiently performing their roles.
3. Promotes positive customer relations with physicians, patients, families, visitors and employees; follows up on all complaints and provides feedback. Monitors level of patient, staff and physician satisfaction. Adheres to the DMC's Customer Service Standards.*
4. Plans, implements and evaluates staff development & competency maintenance programs. Ensures that elements of performance improvement findings are incorporated into educational programs as appropriate. Supports professional growth and development programs, such as tuition reimbursement and nursing grand rounds. In collaboration with the clinical manager, ensures staff participation in orientation, mandatory and continuing education programs and other staff development opportunities.*
5. Develops, implements, monitors and adjusts capital and operating budgets. Provides variance reports and/or corrective action plans as requested. Mentors subordinate staff in creation and evaluation of budget. Develops, implements and realizes effective cost containment measures.
1. Masters Degree Required in Nursing, Business, Health Care Administration or related field. Of two degrees one must be in Nursing.
2. Three to five years experience, which may be concurrent clinical and/or progressively more responsible management experience.
3. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan.
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.