Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
Imaging Engineer II – Ultrasound Biomedical Engineering – AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 E. Rollins St., Orlando, FL 32801
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
The Imaging Engineer II installs, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, calibrates, and verifies the performance of complex medical imaging equipment that include, but are not limited to, general radiographic rooms, R/F, portables, C-arms, mammography, Nuclear Medicine, CR, DR, ultrasound, bone density, and all supporting equipment. This position is required to be familiar with many classes of clinical equipment and may perform maintenance on equipment outside these specialty areas. The Imaging Engineer ensures regulatory compliance, assists in inventory management, and may serve as an advisor to other AdventHealth personnel on technical matters concerning specialty equipment. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Associates degree in a technical/electronics field or equivalent military training required
Three (3) years’ experience in the repair, maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation of medical imaging equipment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Complex computer skills including the ability to interpret error codes, defragment hard-drives, replace power supplies, and interpret computer codes is required
Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel) and networking applications required
Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
Strong written, verbal, and presentational communication skills
• Perform performance assurance (PA) inspections, scheduled maintenance, and operation verification procedures (OVP) on complex medical imaging equipment
• Repair, install, and calibrate complex medical imaging equipment
• Inform supervisors of the status of repairs, scheduled inspections, unusual equipment situations, and any customer concerns
• Work with, direct, and document the activities of subcontractors, vendors, and outside service technicians to ensure proper service delivery
• Maintain Clinical Engineering expertise through ongoing training and education
• Assist with Service Operations Special Projects as assigned and contribute to the development of others through mentoring and sharing expertise
• On-Call rotation and flexible work time may be required.
• Some travel within the region may be required.
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include the inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, naming conventions and service history
• Adhere to the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP), including all regulatory agency compliances and other applicable policies and procedures
• Responsible for ensuring all service and documentation is complete, timely, and accurate
• Work with Medical Physicist on accurate and aligned radiation outputs to ensure regulatory compliance and patient safety
Department Relationship Management
• Build and maintain customer relationships
• Discuss equipment status and functionality with clinicians
• Adhere to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the organization(s) served.
• Provide a positive representation of Clinical Engineering services by integrating the core
• Perform Incoming Inspections to maintain a complete and accurate inventory of medical devices, including trial and evaluation, rental, and loaner equipment in addition to permanently assigned equipment inventory.
• Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include inventory, nomenclature, and service history
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.