Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Banner University Medical Center Tucson is part of Arizona's most experienced transplant center, providing comprehensive care to adult patients in pre and post-transplant acute clinics for heart, lung, liver, and kidney/pancreas transplant, as well as, long term follow up on the transplant recipient. Our Transplant team prides itself on delivering compassionate, quality care to our patients and families leading to successful, optimal outcomes. Performing over 450 transplants per year, our programs are poised for continued growth!
As an RN Quality Specialist working with the transplant team in Tucson, you will have an opportunity to help patients improve their quality of life! The person in this role will primarily be working on chart reviews and investigations of adverse events. This individual will also lead process improvement projects and lead discussions regarding policy and protocol updates. You will enjoy a Monday through Friday, day-shift schedule, with no weekends!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located on the campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates facility and/or system-wide quality/performance improvements, patient safety programs, and/or coordinates compliance and regulatory programs for preparedness and accreditation requirements. The position works closely with system initiatives. All work processed by the incumbent is considered confidential and protected from discovery, pursuant to state statutes.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Coordinates investigation, analysis, and responds to quality/patient safety issues, events, significant care issues or trends. Leads and/or facilitate root cause analysis, failure modes and effects analysis, and process improvement, working with multidisciplinary teams.
2. Develops and analyzes data for administrative and clinical decision making, as well as regulatory requirements. Coordinates implementation of data collection processes: provide analysis, summary, research and benchmarking. Prepares and present reports for appropriate facility, system, and other external agencies. Provides oversight to projects including data abstracting and data entry as appropriate.
3. Serves as a resource and leads and/or facilities task forces to plan, implement and coordinate facility activities to maximize service quality, effectiveness and efficiency. Collaborates with key stakeholders to evaluate, plan and implement process improvements and patient safety programs across the facility and/or system.
4. Supports implementation of facility quality and patient safety goals, policies, procedures, and activities designed to meet the requirements of regulatory and accrediting agencies such as JCAHO, CMS, DHS, and the peer review organizations.
5. Acts as consultant and educator in program development and special projects as determined by their supervisor.
6. Participates in implementation of evidence-based practices at the facility or system level.
7. May coordinate peer review activities for physicians and other healthcare providers and provide information for departmental improvement activities, credentialing, and reappointment.
8. In some roles, this position may supervise professional staff.
9. Responsibilities cross all levels of internal customers including the department, facility and system, and external customers including but not limited to the medical staff, the community, regulatory bodies and state agencies. For those positions directly supervising professional employees, the position has full authority for employment actions including selection, training, coaching, and performance reviews.
Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent in nursing or other healthcare related field and either an RN license in state worked OR a clinical background with current license/certification or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with five years acute care clinical experience.
Requires ability to perform complex statistical analysis and highly developed problem solving skills. Requires the ability to manage programs and projects. Requires demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and written communication skills.
Registered Nurse (RN) license preferred. Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) certification is preferred. Experience with process improvement, regulatory/accreditation programs, data management, and analysis including graphic development and presentations is highly desirable
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.