Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
At Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) - Phoenix, we're creating a world class medical organization that brings together a leadership team committed to a physician-focused structure, while navigating the challenges of moving from a volume-based to a value-based health care system.
As a Medical Office Scribe on this team, you will record medical details, gather data, and coordinate tests, orders and results as necessary to ensure an accurate and complete medical record. Maintain patients' health information in medical records and charts by assisting medical providers and physicians. Transcribe patient history and physical examination and records details of the exam, including pertinent positive and negative noted abnormalities and patients general condition in the medical record system. Excellent typing skills to enter/dictate data into the EMR system.
Here is a listing of the BUMG-Phoenix clinics that may be hiring for qualified Medical Office Scribes:
Ortho/Sports Medicine Institute
Diabetes and Endocrine Clinic
Family Medicine Clinic
Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
Heart Failure Clinic
Wound Care Clinic
Advanced Liver Disease Clinic
Adult Sickle Cell Clinic
All of these clinics are located within walking distance to the Banner University Medical Center in Phoenix (located near 12th and McDowell).
While the start and end times can vary slightly, these are almost always full time (40 hours/week), day shift positions:
Monday-Friday 8A-5P being the most common shift.
University Medical Center Phoenix PBCs Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position records medical details, gathers data, and coordinates tests, orders and results as necessary to ensure an accurate and complete medical record. Assembles and maintains patients' health information in medical records and charts by assisting medical providers and physicians. No medical decision making is performed.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Accompanies provider during patient examination.
2. Accurately and thoroughly documents pertinent patient information as instructed by the provider. Records details of chief complaint, history of present illness, review of systems, social history, past medical history, family medical history, allergies, medications, problems and diagnoses, history and physical, and any pertinent positive and negative findings.
3. May propose orders in the EHR based on clinical setting.
4. Documents details of procedures and treatments, laboratory test results, radiology test results and assists with documenting radiographic impressions performed by the provider.
5. Assists with verifying all tests (lab, x ray, EKG, etc.) have been completed and the results have been received, reviewed and recorded in the medical record.
6. Selects patient education leaflets from the EHR as instructed by the provider.
7. Assists in preparing paperwork for patient discharge.
8. Maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
9. Works under the direction of Physicians or independent licensed practitioner providing documentation assistance. Internal customers include patients, facility personnel, medical providers and physicians. External customers may include patient family.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Two years of experience in acute care or multi-specialty clinic using electronic medical record software or maintaining medical records.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.