Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans.
This position is technically assigned to Tempe, but the responsibility is across the Valley as a Ultrasound TechnologistManager . A laptop will be provided and the expectation is that the modality manager is familiar with all of our offices. If necessary, the manager will be expected to perform ultrasound when we have an unexpected staffing shortage. Responsible for all US techs in BI- AZ. Kronos, tech schedules, part of the BI Operations leadership team, job performance, growth and strategic planning, equipment, employee engagement, and communication. Will co-manage staff with site specific medical imaging managers.
This position is working Monday-Friday; working 8 hours days, however you may need to be available for occasional weekend communication.
Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans. Medical Imaging professionals also enjoy access to: - State-of-the art technology - The latest in Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) technology - Relocation assistance - Tuition reimbursement - Continuing education programs - Career growth and promotion opportunities - Travel medical imaging technologist positions.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans for adequate resource management in relation to equipment, instrumentation and supplies for a specific imaging modality. Supervises staff and serves as a clinical resource to staff, providers, providers' office staff, vendors and other departments. Effectively coordinates specialty care within Imaging. May perform prescribed procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Interviews, selects and hires qualified department staff that can make a significant contribution. Conducts performance management sessions according to policies and guidelines. Demonstrates effective communication skills, problems solving, and conflict resolution in the management of the assigned clinical service lines, keeping the appropriate people informed.
2. Plans care for patients in the specific modality by managing the daily schedule and ensuring adequate staff are available for the shift. Works with specialty providers and providers' offices in regard to coordinating resources. Collaborates with various departments, outside vendors, and other departments to assure adequate resources and the proper coordination of safe, efficient patient care.
3. Serves as a specialty resource to patient, families, providers, providers' offices and various internal departments (i.e. operating room staff, ED, nursing floors, etc) in interpreting department, facility and system policies, and facilitating medical care. Seen as the clinical expert in the specific specialties.
4. Supports change and participates in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of goals/objectives, and quality management activities within the clinical service lines.
5. Prioritizes and plans for specialty resources, working with the department management team to meet financial goals.
6. May perform all functions of a Technologist, performs procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
7. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to the radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information. Adheres to safety policies.
8. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
9.This position functions within the Imaging department of the assigned facility. Provides input regarding department budget and operations and participates on committees as assigned. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic/Ultrasound Technology program.
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or equivalent if applicable and licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty, RVT/RCS/RDCS or equivalent for Cardiac/Vascular, required if applicable. BLS certification required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 3-5 years of experience relevant to patient population. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Health care related Bachelors degree and prior supervisory experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.