Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
Location Address:1210 US 27 North Lake Placid, Florida 33852
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Lake Placid
Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
Career growth and advancement potential
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Evaluates staff performance based on professional practice standards, relevant statutes, rules and regulations, and organizational criteria.
· Participates in the analysis of care delivery systems and the development/implementation of changes to enhance delivery of patient care.
· Manages patient care according to standards and the nursing process.
· Directs and intervenes with staff to maintain optimum care of patients.
· Develops and evaluates the staff’s clinical competencies.
· Serves as a resource person to staffing the delivery of care.
· Counsels and gives constructive direction to personnel as necessary and documents appropriately.
· Evaluates, completes, and maintains staff evaluations in a timely manner.
· Completes 4- week schedule and posts 2 weeks prior to the start of the schedule.
2. Provides effective fiscal management of the department.
· Participates in annual budget preparation for area of responsibility.
· Recommends staffing requirements based on volume, severity of illness, and standards for delivery of care.
· Manages productivity within budgeted parameters.
· Develops and proposes goals and plans for patient care area.
· Assures prompt resolution of charge capture discrepancies.
3. Identifies, develops, and implements performance improvement activities to enhance the delivery of patient care.
· Monitors patient length of stay and addresses issues.
· Participates in electronic medical record reviews and plans for staff development activities based on identified needs.
· Supports research and its integration into nursing and the delivery of healthcare services.
· Drives patient satisfaction outcomes by performing consistent Nurse Leader rounding and ensuring effective hourly nurse rounding.
4. Maintains a professional demeanor and serves as a role model for staff.
· Maintains clinical competencies
· Pursues educational and research opportunities for professional growth.
· Participates in community outreach programs.
· Serves as a liaison to the physicians, staff, and administration.
· Engaging our team through effective rounding on employees and other stakeholders (Rounding for Outcomes)
5. Develops, proposes, and implements goals and plans for patient care area
· Provides 24 hour oversight of assigned department.
· Promotes a safe working environment
· Interviews/recommends hiring of appropriate staff
· Communicates information from assigned meetings
· Maintains regulatory reporting requirements within stated parameters
· Participates in committees / teams as a member or leader
· Provides proper notification for absences as per hospital policy as evidenced by T/A records
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing within 3 years
· Two (2) years of leadership experience
· Communication and motivation skills
· Knowledgeable of patient service line
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
· BSN, MSN or Masters in related field
· Demonstrates leadership & teaching abilities
· Three (3) years recent hospital experience in area of supervision.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current Florida RN License
· BLS – condition of employment
· ACLS prior to or within 90 days of employment or transfer
· Restraint Management Training, Face to Face within 90 days of employment
· PALS prior to or within 12 months of employment or transfer
· NRP prior to or within 12 months of employment or transfer for Lake Placid & Wauchula campuses
· CPI prior to or within 6 months of employment or transfer
The manager is responsible to the DON (and Administration if applicable) in the planning, organizing, developing and directing day to day operations within regulatory guidelines, in accordance with the Hospital’s mission, Physician’s, and patient’s expectations. Develop and monitor the clinical integrity of their assigned program.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.