Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
This position provides support to our providers, their staff and various departments within Banner. The representatives providing customer service to providers serves as a primary resource in complex and/or sensitive cases and other resources necessary to ensure an excellent quality of service.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides expertise through daily customer service to physicians and/or staff of Banner Health Network affiliated and non-affiliated providers. The representatives providing customer service to providers serves as a primary resource in complex and/or sensitive cases and other resources necessary to ensure an excellent quality of service. May be assigned to work in a variety of administrative duties relative to supporting the provider community.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Receives, documents, researches and responds to provider inquiries and escalated calls following established policies and procedures and compliance guidelines. (Answer, identify, research, document, and respond to a diverse and high volume of inbound and outbound health insurance provider related calls on a daily basis.)
2. Works cohesively with appropriate parties to ensure delivery of outstanding customer service while facilitating timely research and issue resolution, in a positive work environment, that supports the department's ongoing goals and objectives.
3. Provides timely and accurate information to providers regarding claims, benefits, member out-of-pocket expenses, and payments via telephone or in writing. Verifies adjudicate claim payments independently and in accordance with plan guidelines. Performs analysis and appropriate follow-up while working with many individuals to acquire necessary materials and information, including, but not limited to: physicians, facility staff, professional staff and physicians' office staff.
4. Identifies and resolves managed care issues concerning claims, contract interpretation, utilization management, eligibility and general operational issues. Serves as a resource for internal and external clients to interpret contract language and resolves contract issues by reviewing and interpreting contract terms.
5. Assists internal departments in resolving provider appeals pertaining to the organization's physicians, hospitals, and insurance plan contracts. Provides education to physicians and their office staff, hospitals and the organization's insurance plan administration staff.
6. Works on special projects as assigned.
7. Services inbound and outbound providers and office staff communications for all facilities and/or physician offices in the states in which they operate. Works under limited supervision with various departments and staff to provide for diverse customer service needs for a comprehensive provider network. Makes decisions within structured definitions and defined policy. Work requires the constant exercise of a high degree of independent judgment in response to complex and sensitive provider issues, decision making and discretion. Handles physician inquires and problems within the scope of the job function and keeps supervisors apprised of all issues they occur. Meet quality, quantity, and timeliness standards to achieve individual department performance goals as defined within the department guidelines and compliance standards. In addition, the incumbent must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, determine work priorities, and is expected to accomplish all tasks with minimal supervision and instruction.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Must have substantial previous related work experience in healthcare services, with three to four years of experience in a high volume service center or managed care environment. Ability to multitask between inbound calls, searching the database or resource tools for correct and timely information, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, while maintaining a positive and helpful attitude with customers. Must demonstrate an ability to meet deadlines in a multi-functional task environment. Requires excellent organizational skills and operational knowledge working with work processing, spreadsheets, data entry, fax machines, and other computer related skills. Must have the ability to acquire and utilize a sound knowledge of the company's provider information systems, as well as, fundamental knowledge of the organization's expectations. Must, at all times, maintain efficiency and timeliness in all daily activities. Must be able to establish daily work priorities and work efficiently to contribute to the successful overall provider experience.
Experience with a strong knowledge of business and/or healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of an associate's degree. The knowledge of medical claims typically acquired over one to two years of work experience in medical claims adjudication, contract interpretations, billing and coding, and medical terminology.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R18590
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.