Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
xplore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
Join our Cancer Services at Banner University Medical Center Tucson! Banner University Medical Center Tucson offers a wide range of medical and surgical care options. The one that's right for you depends on your cancer type and its stage. That's why we use the latest technology to detect cancer as early as possible. In addition to treatment options, we also offer many support services for patients and their families. We work closely with you to create a care plan that meets your unique needs. Our treatment services include: Blood and marrow transplantation, Chemotherapy and biologic therapy, Clinical research trials, Genetic counseling and testing, Interventional radiology, and Radiation therapy. At Banner University Medical Center Tucson, you'll also benefit from our integrative services. These services are available to support your whole health during and after your cancer treatment .
Our Associate Director Role will function as a Senior Manager and have oversight of our multi location Oncology Infusion Clinics. We currently have 2 sites, one at our main campus, as well as our Orange Grove Clinic. The Associate Director will be responsible for managing and mentoring to staff, as well as providing operational support to transform the infusion areas to meet the changing demands for our current and future patients.
Candidates with a previous background in Oncology are strongly preferred.
Hours are Mon-Fri 8a-5p
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful care has been recognized with Magnet(tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the overall leadership of employed physicians' practices, operations and staff within a specific service line. Leadership responsibilities include oversight of business operations, strategic planning and development, and facilitating a positive image of the practices within the business community. This position serves as a resource for the organization's employed physician practices to address clinic practice and facility issues.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides leadership for the organization's medical group that contributes to the growth of the organization and positioning as a market leader with employees and the community. Manages and facilitates patient centered nursing care for designated patient population when in a procedural based department. Employs evidence-based nursing principles, nursing process, nursing theories, and demonstrates adherence to state mandated licensure requirements. Identify practice liabilities and risks in the ambulatory environment, provides education opportunities applicable to practice area, and recognizes role of risk management in the ambulatory setting. Actively participates in research study opportunities.
2. Partners with market manager to build and maintain community partnerships and relationships to attract new customers, retain existing customers and support Banner's desired brand positioning. Partner with Public Relations and Marketing to support location, provider and/or specialty promotion which includes responsiveness to requests for information from PR/Marketing; identifying and securing providers for media relations opportunities; and providing staff for events that drive exposure for Banner and BMG in the community.
3. Promotes high quality of service in all areas of responsibility. Supports process improvements that enhance provision of clinical services, outcomes and patient throughput. Together with the medical group leadership team and other organizational leaders, oversees an organizational structure that assures effective and efficient delivery of patient care in all areas of responsibility.
4. Fosters a culture of employee engagement and service excellence. Role models behaviors congruent with the organization's principles and values. Establishes high performance standards for service outcomes and works with leadership team to meet standards. Matches service delivery with service expectations, managing service improvement opportunities and sets the standard for a culture of recognition and celebration.
5. Ensures that safety is a priority in design and redesign of new practices and services and allocates financial, informational and physical resources for improvement activities.
6. Focuses on partnering with other departments within the organization to improve delivery of patient care through employed physician practices, increase revenue potential and decrease costs.
7. This position serves as a leader for business health services and is responsible for developing the areas of responsibility to fit the organization's mission, vision and values and ensure operational goals are clearly communicated and measured. This position has administrative responsibility for designated physician practices. Collaboration within an integrated healthcare system, including working with centralized system service departments, health plans, leadership teams is required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care and operations as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in nursing, business, health care or related field.
Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice and BLS certification. May require possession of a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must possess a strong knowledge of clinical operations as normally demonstrated through at least five years of progressive management experience relevant to patient population. Must demonstrate excellent human relations skills and have the ability to develop working relationships with physicians, staff, patients, and families. Must have knowledge of the requirements of applicable regulatory and accreditation agencies. Excellent human relations and communication skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R26819
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.