Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. With facilities in six western states, we're committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek driven professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen
As a Merger and Acquisition Program Manager Director you will be responsible for driving and supporting successful execution of ePMO-managed Merger, Acquisition, and Expansion programs. This is a high-visibility role providing planning, execution, and management of multiple efforts including complex, large scale efforts.
Incumbent will have proven experience in healthcare M&A efforts including a broad understanding of hospital operations and technology solutions. Incumbent understands IT work team interdependencies, facilitates and fosters collaboration, both horizontally and vertically within the organization, including across diverse areas and multiple states.
Due to COVID -19 this is a remote position. The ideal candidate will need to live in the Phoenix area.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for driving and supporting successful execution of EPMO Managed Portfolios and Programs. This role provides coordinated governance, reporting and structure for the large strategic and operational initiatives system-wide. Incumbent facilitates and fosters collaboration, both horizontally and vertically within the organization, including across diverse areas and multiple states, to facilitate the implementation of business solutions, serving as the primary interface between executive project sponsors and the programs and projects embedded within the portfolios. The individual will develop and streamline processes to ensure effective and efficient portfolio structure is in place. This individual has overall responsibility for monitoring program performance including compliance of customer service, stakeholder relations, workforce and financial goals and objectives as developed for the portfolio's goals. This position is responsible for serving as a role model of staff across the system and representing the organization in a positive manner both within and outside of the company.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Guides the development and implementation of short and long-range goals and objectives for the company's portfolio's, programs and projects. Provides leadership and expertise in the development, implementation, oversight and evaluation of portfolio's governance and controls. Incorporates best practices and responds to emerging trends to enhance operations, programs, and/or services. Implements and evaluates strategic growth programs, develops effective tools to measure performance, analyzes related data, prepares reports, and makes recommendations to senior leadership based on findings.
2. Serves as primary liaison between the executive sponsors, pillar leaders and the project teams. Remains tactically aware of all intersecting projects and possible barriers to the portfolio's goals and objectives. Consults with and is accountable to executive sponsors for the review of major project proposals and collaboration to identify project goals, time frames, funding limitations and allotment of resources. Leads related subset project teams to define and obtain consensus on complex project charter including scope, objectives assumptions, deliverables, constraints and obtaining, verifying and establishing the project budget. Determines and executes sponsor approval process. Works with department leaders to obtain appropriately skilled project resources. Assumes direct responsibility for major project success, including the success of related sub-projects comprising the major project. Ensures that deliverables align to program, portfolio and business outcomes and business objectives.
3. Serves as an integrator of people, processes and systems. Builds and supports effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and organizations. Develops partnerships, coordinates activities, reviews work, exchanges information, and/or resolves problems related to the portfolio and program of work.
4. Directs and participates in the development, implementation, and consistent application of effective organizational policies, procedures, and practices. Develops and supports internal controls to ensure that assets are safeguarded, policies and operating procedures are followed, necessary controls are effective and efficient, and compliance with current laws and regulations is achieved. Continually evaluates work activities and processes to ensure maximum efficiency and collaboration.
5. Communicates the vision of the portfolio, translating it into actionable projects and activities. Maximizes management staff's contributions and assures timely decision-making reflecting the mission, vision and values of Banner.
6. Reviews, prepares, analyzes and presents reports and recommendations to senior leadership regarding operations, programs, services, and/or other applicable areas of interest in order to provide concise and accurate information that aids in decision-making.
7. The position has system wide accountability for large scale, high risk portfolios and programs. These portfolios encompass most if not all of the OC approved projects for any given year and are highly visible and substantive to the organization. Requires work in context of multiple commitments, priorities and conflicts. Requires interaction at the highest levels of the organization to ensure program issues are mitigated at the appropriate levels. Requires process improvement, waste elimination and innovation.
Expert-level working knowledge of principals, practices, and business operations in assigned area of responsibility as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and a minimum of five years of progressively responsible portfolio experience in the field of health care.
Must demonstrate expert-level knowledge and awareness of large-scale project management operations. Experience working in an integrated delivery system, multi-hospital system, or managed care organization in a management level position in assigned area of responsibility. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals.
Master's or MBA degree preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R19574
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.