Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the health care experience the best it can be! Our team has come together with a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Banner University Medical Center has an exciting opportunity for a Play Therapist. There will be exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation. We are known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, are on the cutting edge of medical advances and are the only Academic Level 1 Trauma hospital in Southern Arizona! As a Play Therapist, you would be working alongside an interdisciplinary team, evaluating pediatric patients for therapeutic intervention, assessments, and developing a plan of care.
As a Play Therapist, you will be working Monday-Friday; day hours.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful care has been recognized with Magnet(tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for conducting play therapy on the hospital campus in accordance with national and state organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established hospital and departmental policies and procedures. The scope of practice will include the entire continuum of patient care, and therapeutic intervention for our Pediatric patients less than 18 years of age. This position will provide support to and expand our existing Integrative Therapy services as well as further our commitment to a healing environment. This position demonstrates the competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Evaluates patient's readiness for therapeutic intervention. Interviews patient, family member(s), and/or caregiver(s). Completes a comprehensive assessment and develops a plan of care in cooperation with other interdisciplinary team members. Determines treatment goals that are specific and relevant to medical diagnosis, course of medical treatment, and anticipated discharge timelines. Collaborates with patient, family/caregiver and interdisciplinary team (physician, nursing staff, social worker, case manager, other active team members) when setting treatment goals.
2. Implements individualized treatment plan with consideration given to the patient's physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational and age-specific needs. Involves patient and family/caregiver in the treatment plan. Treatment may be nondirective play therapy or directive play therapy. Treatment may be provided as individual therapy for the patient or performed as group therapy with the inclusion of family member(s), caregivers and/or friends. Monitors patient responses to therapeutic intervention. Reassesses treatment goals and plan of care as necessary.
3. Documents evaluation findings, treatment goals, treatment plan, patient's progress and patient's response to treatment in the medical record. Documents patient data on pertinent forms.
4. Communicates evaluation results and patient progress to the patient and family/caregiver and the interdisciplinary team. Communicates pertinent patient information to other co-workers to ensure the best possible patient outcomes.
5. Assists with education of clinical and non-clinical staff on the medical and non-medical benefits of play therapy. Defends treatment rationale with standard practices, examples of patient's response to therapeutic intervention, and/or current literature. Promotes staff interaction through involvement in play therapy activities. Participates in hospital and community sponsored events and projects to encourage community involvement in campus therapy programs/activities and promote awareness and understanding of play therapy.
6. Meets productivity standards set by the department.
7. This position has responsibility for interacting with patients, families, physicians, and all levels of staff in a variety of departments throughout the facility and organization. External contacts may include employees of other healthcare organizations, community providers and agencies, representatives from schools and universities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must hold a Master's or Doctorate level degree in a mental health related discipline (i.e. counseling, psychology, social work). Must be a Registrar Play Therapist. Must be a member of professional Play Therapist Association (APT, PTI).
Must hold a current Mental Health License with Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners (LCSW, LPC, LMFT, LPCC, PhD, PsyD).
This position requires knowledge of medical terminology. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem solving skills and time management skills. Must communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences, to include physicians, clinical staff and the non-clinical public.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS One year of related experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R1570
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.