Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Digital Business Technology team is responsible for enabling technology to that enhances consumer, Patient, Provider and Employee experiences across Banner Health. The Digital Business Technology team takes pride in being obsessed with enabling self-service, eliminating time-consuming transactional and manual tasks, and implementing innovative solutions to solve complex problems.
As an IT Business Analyst I, you will help to ensure the successful management of the Digital Business Technology Application stack. You assist gather requirements from stakeholders and evaluate/document customer needs utilizing the Agile framework. Partner with Development and Architecture teams to create a successful delivery of Banner digital consumer products. You will develop and utilized your skills to support Enterprise initiatives related to contact center technologies, Xamarin, Azure, and Sitecore.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for supporting business planning, tactical execution, and business integration of all digital initiatives; inclusive of, but not limited to, web site development, mobile platform and presence, internal application development, content management, self-service adoption, and ongoing maintenance of electronic channels.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Translate emerging customer needs and technologies into actionable business terms and associated plans. Define/document required changes to resolve system deficiencies, and map experiences and requirements back to the external inputs to confirm fit with desired scope and preferences of our customers.
2. Review/write requirements; perform testing and post-production validation, act as liaison between business units and IT, and communicate system and process changes to the business areas.
3. Manage the process of Business Governance and prioritization of all enhancement requests to any and all electronic channels. Assure that the proper business case has been provided and the solution fits with overall strategic direction.
4. Designs and administers standards and policies regarding application and end user customer documentation. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented and consistently adhered to.
5. Provides high level expertise to the development of fully integrated testing scenarios. Ensures that the information systems across multiple levels and states and their relationships are considered and are part of the comprehensive testing plans.
6. Identifies, investigates, tracks, and resolves complex project, system or application errors ensuring the solution is timely and of acceptable quality.
7. Determines and designs end user training and curriculum for applications and systems. Facilitates the initial rollout and ongoing training of the user community.
8. Maintains current professional and technical knowledge relating to the healthcare industry by attending educational workshops/conferences, establishing personal networks, and/or maintaining relevant certification or licensure as business needs require.
9. Assignments are standard in that incumbents at this level are able to identify and solve problems that tend to have straightforward solutions. Decisions are made within defined guidelines and policies. Incumbents are expected to investigate and analyze situations/problems and recommend solutions. As incumbents grow in knowledge of functional area, will become more capable of presenting solutions to 'customers' without needing assistance from others. This position is responsible for identifying issues and solving problems for selected information applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has decision-making authority within established guidelines for projects and applications and is expected to ask for guidance for more complex or non-standard situations. Expected to work at peer level across diverse areas and multiple states. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, strategic and planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions company-wide.
Must possess a strong technical and business knowledge as typically obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree related field.
Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology specifically, user-centered design for mobile/web apps or large, content-rich consumer sites. Needs experience in medium scale project planning and reporting, either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R24683
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.