Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
As the gateway to Arizona's dramatic high country, Payson offers four-season recreation. This land, where the Ponderosa Pine forest meets desert canyon country, offers sparkling lakes, and scenic mountains. Ride horses in the morning and fly-fish in the afternoon, and once the first snow falls, strap on your skis and find a trail for cross-country skiing.
As a Health Unit Coordinator and Emergency Department Technician, you will be responsible for a variety of administrative support functions and customer service for an assigned patient care area while promoting an organized, efficient delivery of care to patients. You, the ideal candidate, will have strong communication with physicians, nurses, and call ins. You will consult and acts as a liaison with all other internal departments and external contacts. In the role you will also processes patient records, record bed assignments in system, make face sheets, and assist with other areas in the admission process. This position will be working night shifts.
Banner Payson Medical Center is the largest community health care provider in Arizona's Rim Country and remains committed to making a difference in people's lives by providing the highest quality of care to the residents of Payson and the many surrounding communities. A full-service health care facility, the 24 bed hospital offers extensive services including cardiopulmonary/respiratory, emergency, intensive care, imaging, labor and delivery, laboratory, surgery and rehabilitation. Banner Payson Medical Center also offers an array of outpatient services and specialty clinics including OB/GYN, urology and podiatry surgery, general and orthopedic surgery, family medicine, outpatient imaging, bone densitometry, diagnostic x-rays, ultrasound, mammography, nuclear medicine, nuclear cardiac stress testing, CT scans, MRI, pulmonary function testing, EEG, infusion center, plus rehabilitation therapies.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for a variety of administrative support functions and customer service for an assigned patient care area which promote an organized, efficient delivery of care to patients. The position facilitates communication between physicians, nurses and physicians, calls in Consults and acts as a liaison with all other internal departments and external contacts.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs receptionist/clerical duties to support overall operating efficiency and effective flow of communication and information throughout the department. Participates in the resolution of customer problems or collects necessary data and follows through to appropriate person for problem resolution.
2. Processes patient admissions, records bed assignments in system, makes face sheets and prints patient labels upon admission. Orders outside records from other facilities and Physician's offices.
3. Maintains a complete patient record with admission, transfer, and discharge information, progress notes, and consent forms. Ensures that all reports and chart forms are scanned or filed into the patient's record. Ensures that charting forms are labeled and accessible if they are needed. Maintains adequate supplies of frequently used, patient education materials. May be responsible for QC/validations.
4. Enters pending discharges into the system. Coordinates patient appointments for procedures and treatments that may be required prior to timely discharge. Processes patient discharges.
5. Maintains adequate levels of office, dietary, and medical supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery.
6. Monitors and tracks the use and whereabouts of electronic equipment such as patient ID scanners and lap top computers. Ensures that all are accounted for and in working order.
7. This position works under local supervision and has responsibility for assigned unit only. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with other health unit secretaries and other staff at all levels throughout the facility. Customers are patients, families, physicians, unit staff, case managers, patient service staff and medical records staff. Interacts with a wide variety of external customers.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 1 year of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital or physician office setting, or prior experience in customer service. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, BTMC Behavioral, Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy is required. The position requires knowledge of commonly used office software and keyboarding skills.
Successful completion of an approved unit secretary program and BLS certification is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R28098
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.