Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
Banner Health believes leadership matters, and we look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
Located in the town of Gilbert, our Banner Gateway Medical Center and MD Anderson Cancer Center offer a 37-bed, all private, Level 4 trauma designated Emergency Department that is well-equipped to diagnose and treat an array of illnesses and injuries. Banner Gateway Medical Center is a fully electronic medical center offering the ideal environment for patient and family-focused care. It is the next generation of hospital care within a healing environment designed to enhance patient outcomes, patient healing and patient safety.
Banner Estrella is a level 4 trauma center with busy CVOR, Robotic and Bariatric programs. The OR team is excited to own their quality improvement process. This is a family orientated team where the leadership strive to help each member reach their individual goals and best self.
As the Infection Prevention Program Director, you will be responsible for managing and supervising all activities related to the prevention, control, documentation and reporting of nosocomial acquired infections and communicable diseases at Banner Estrella Medical Center. These responsibilities include setting standards and evaluating compliance for practices that are associated with the prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections. This will include (but are not limited to) surveillance, analysis, and reporting. A crucial aspect will be designing, leading and maintaining a hospital -based infection prevention and control program. Banner Healthcare's goal is to provide a safe environment through the prevention of infection in patients, families, employees, and visitors.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Estrella Medical Center is a 305-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of health care services to the fast growing communities of west Phoenix. Opened in 2005, this is an innovative, fully electronic facility that features electronic medical records, computerized physician order entry, digital radiography, sophisticated ICU monitoring and much more. In fact, we've been named one of the "ten most innovative hospitals in the country" by Newsweek Magazine and are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. The hospital is also designed to provide a soothing, healing atmosphere for both patients and their family members. We encourage the use of such therapies as pet therapy, aromatherapy, spiritual care and Reiki Therapy.
This position, under the direction of the infection prevention committee, is responsible for the effective direction, management and operation of the infection prevention and control/epidemiology department, including education of hospital personnel and consultation with the organization, CDC, and the county and state health departments. The responsibilities encompass compliance with Joint Commission (JC) standards, CMS, OSHA, and state regulations, outbreak investigation, and overall direction of the infection prevention and control program. The position works closely with both system and operating entities leaders and medical staff to improve quality and outcomes of clinical care related to infection prevention. All work processed by the incumbent is considered confidential and protected from discovery, pursuant to state statutes.
1. Ensures that all services provided meet with the facility's needs and expectations. Manages the department in a cost-effect manner by accurately forecasting budgetary and staffing needs, and manages expenses within budgetary constraints. Devises action plans to correct negative variances. May maintain a competent and motivated staff through proper selection, training, evaluating and termination, as necessary.
2. Establishes, implements and administers departmental goals, objectives, policies and procedures; conducts ongoing review of hospital policies, procedures and guidelines to identify infection prevention and control discrepancies and implements revisions as necessary. Provides ongoing assessment of performance, analyzes infection outcome data, and identifies performance improvement opportunities or trends. Conducts high level assessments, gathers information and collaborates with the appropriate process owner(s) to identify opportunities for improvement. Analyzes data for administrative and clinical decision making.
3. Develops and coordinates the infection prevention and control program throughout the facility. Implements the program by formulating, establishing and evaluating policies and procedures relating to patient care infection prevention and control measures throughout the facility that ensure compliance with JC, OSHA, CDC, CMS and other county, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
4. Serves as a resource and subject matter expert to staff, leaders, medical staff, patients and the community for infection prevention and control. Initiates epidemiological investigations of significant clusters of infections and single cases of unusual infection. Serves as a subject matter expert for the facility and system related to emerging infections, public health crisis and emergency management.
5. Directs and assists in preparing reports and statistical data for the infection prevention committee, medical staff committees, medical executive committee and the facility's administration and other committees as needed.
6. Responsibility for infection prevention at large healthcare entities (>100 beds) and contribution to system-level infection prevention activities. Internal customers include all assigned entity administrators, physicians, staff and corporate administrators, leadership team and staff. External customers include accreditation and regulatory organizations, payers, patients and physicians.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Requires Masters in Public Health (MPH), Master's in Business Administration (MBA) or master's degree in other healthcare related field or Bachelors degree in healthcare related field and experience equivalent to masters degree.
Requires certification in Infection Control (CIC).
Must have a proficiency level typically attained with 5 years experience in infection prevention or diseases surveillance experience in a public health setting.
Must possess demonstrated flexibility in responding to the needs of multiple constituencies with a service-oriented philosophy.
Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate multi- disciplinary teams.
Must possess demonstrated skill in problem analysis, project management, conflict resolution and oral and written presentations.
Requires ability to balance and manage multiple projects.
Computer skills, research and basic statistical knowledge is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R25491
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.