Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
Help move health care into the future. At Banner Health we are changing health care to make the experience the best it can be. If that sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
The Operations Consultant will perform enterprise productivity and ActionOI reporting and analysis. They will work with units of service and understand workforce analytics push out centralized reports and analysis.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position leads in the development, analysis, preparation and implementation of strategic financial and operational plans to achieve overall system and entity strategic goals and objectives. This position provides analytical support for both financial and operational goals, which includes analyzing processes and identifying opportunities for improvements in operational practices and procedures. Designs, implements and supports the adoption of new processes that are both financial and operational in nature to increase efficiency and compliance while maximizing the highest level of quality.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides high level of operational expertise through analysis and interpretation of data gathered for decision support. Gather and challenge assumptions from various multi-disciplinary teams, develop operational reports, and assist in preparation and presentation of business plans.
2. Collaborates with system and/or entity level resources in the development, planning, training and implementation of operational applications and processes to achieve entity and/or system goals and objectives.
3. Initiates and directs the identification and implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and operational analysis. May serve as Business Unit COO.
4. Facilitates the integration of operational and business standards into work process, cultural changes and systems implementation in support of achieving organizational goals. As assigned, works on system-wide organizational performance, productivity and staffing model initiatives that have a direct effect on operations.
5. Monitors and measures the qualitative and quantitative improvements achieved through the project(s) to support realization of benefits at the system and/or entity level, including process improvement outcome analysis, return on investment, issues tracking and resolution.
6. Oversees the development of training materials, coordinates and conducts formal and informal on-site application system education and provides support for the use of these systems and redesigned work processes. Identifies training and support needs, assesses tools and assists in the development of materials to effectively implement and support projects and related processes. Directs, schedules and delivers training; maintains and updates all training materials as upgrades occur.
7. Acts as a technical and procedural knowledge resource for operational leadersand triages operational issues.
8. Proven advanced analytical and modeling skills are necessary. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects and use of sophisticated software programs. Areas of focus include overall facility operations which also includes productivity. The incumbent must exercise sound judgment and independent decision-making within generally defined practices and policies. Must maintain effective communication on project status with various stakeholders and ensure timely, accurate and efficient reporting of data and processes. Position will interact with all levels of Banner leadership and personnel, Regulatory Agencies, Information Services Benefits, outside organizations and vendors. Incumbent must be able to read and understand technical pronouncements, identify compliance issues and make independent decisions.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires a level of knowledge of business or hospital operation as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in, Finance, Accounting, Business or Healthcare Administration or a related field.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with a minimum of 7 years of experience in healthcare operations. Proven advanced, analytical, and modeling skills are necessary. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects. Requires excellent human relations and communication skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels staff and outside professionals.
Must be proficient in the use of sophisticated software programs.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R7016
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.