Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
" Patient Care Coordinator RN Full Time Days "AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida's oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Working with Case Management in hospital / facility setting to help identify appropriate home care referrals ensuring a smooth transition from facility to patient's home for continuum of care
* Respond to requests for care from referring sources within the community in a timely manner.
* Obtain information to verify insurance coverage and inform patients.
* Identify primary and /or secondary payer of services.
* Participate in establishing the plan of treatment through direct communications with the patient's physician by obtaining specific orders of care.
* Explain the function of the health team members who will implement the plan of treatment to the patient.
* Coordinate the start of care activities with Intake person & the Patient Care Supervisor.
* Function as an expert resource for interpreting Medicare home health guidelines.
* Communicate pertinent information and instructions for specific physician's orders to health team members, including completion of the interdisciplinary referral.
* Provide information to physicians and the community on the benefits and alternatives home health services can provide.
* Participate in and attend appropriate staff and committee meetings as directed by the Administrator.
* Document patient care coordinating activities according to department procedures.
* Makes appropriate referrals for patients not accepted for care.
* Conducts patient visits as deemed necessary by the Administrator.
* Assumes responsibility for administrative calls as assigned.
* Enhance personal and professional growth through attendance at workshops, conferences and individual research and reading and/or participate in professional organizations.
* Adhere to all department policies, procedures, standards of patient care and department guidelines.
* Participate in the orientation of personnel.
* Complete special related tasks as assigned by the Administrator.
* Other duties
What You Will Need:
Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing.
At least one (1) years of nursing experience hospital or SNF & home health experience.
Currently licensed to practice as a professional Nurse in the State of Florida
Valid Florida driver's license
Automobile liability insurance
Demonstrate knowledge of community resources and the medical community
Extensive clinical knowledge and evaluation skills with experience in developing patient care plans
Demonstrate understanding of the home health care delivery system and patient eligibility
This position is accountable for initiating case management in the hospital setting or SNF by conducting the initial assessment of the patient and family for appropriateness of and acceptance to home health services. This includes assisting the patient in the transition from the hospital or SNF to home or may include evaluating the patient in his own home. This position is also responsible for implementing specific patient care planning activities such as collecting patient clinical and demographic data, planning of home health care with the attending physician, members of the multidisciplinary team and arranging for support services. This position also provides community awareness programs to educate residents and referral sources of services offered by home health. This position needs a highly organized person who can multitask and possess strong communication skills.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.