Register now and plan to attend the population health workshop to learn how your hospital can address community needs in the areas of transportation, housing, education, access to healthy foods, physical activity,and others.
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youï¿½ll benefit from:
ï¿½A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home ï¿½A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs ï¿½A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Key Result Areas 1. Quality: ï¿½ The employee demonstrates accuracy, and reliability , and assumes responsibility for the qualify fo work performed. ï¿½ Follows district rules and regulations maintaining appropriate licensure, certifiation, and authorization required for employment. ï¿½ Follows all infection control regulations and uses standard precautions appropriately. ï¿½ Uses proper body mechanics and safety equipment. Performs duties in a safe manner. ï¿½ Follows all safety, fire and disaster regulations. Is knowledgeable about hazardous materials and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for chemicals used in the work area. ï¿½ Reports safety hazards and injuries immediately to supervisor.
2. People: ï¿½ The employee workes independentaly and requests assistance/direction when needed. ï¿½ Assumes responsibility for a clear and orderly work area. ï¿½ Dresses appropriately for work assignment as per dress code.
3. Economics: ï¿½ The employee makes good use of time and resources, and completes work assignments. ï¿½ Appropriately and consistently uses the time keeping system and completes corrections in a timely manner. ï¿½ Performs work in a cost efficient method. Uses district resources appropriately. ï¿½ Meets or exceeds district rules on attendance and tardiness.
4. Service: ï¿½ The employee meets or exceeds customer service expectations.
5. Innovation: ï¿½ The employee pursues appropriate training opportunities to lean job related skills, policies and procedures.
Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, hallways, and other assigned areas of the hospital. Primary Duties
1. Dusts furniture, woodwork, and equipment and dust mops floors. Polishes and cleans fixtures in utility rooms and bathrooms. 2. Operates vacuums. 3. Wet mops rooms, halls, stairways and public areas. 4. Cleans vents, fans and other equipment using the vacuum machines. 5. Cleans fixtures, tops or windows, door frames and high areas using a ladder. 6. Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials. 7. Moves furniture and other heavy objects as required. 8. Removes waste, soiled linens and Biowaste from work area and places in specific bags or containers. 9. Performs terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms and prepares rooms for new occupant; follows isolation procedures in isolation rooms. 10. Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors, and walls of bathrooms. 11. Employee wears ID badge while at work. 12. Adheres to assigned breaks and lunch times. 13. Cleans patient rooms following the seven (7) step procedures. 14. Follows designated Duty list. 15. Checks E-Mail daily for additional assigned tasks. 16. Log into computers to check in and out of cleaning rooms.
ï¿½ Prolonged and extensive walking, standing ï¿½ Lift supplies/equipment ï¿½ Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 pounds) ï¿½ Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching
ï¿½ Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals ï¿½ Works in precarious or high locations ï¿½ Handling Bio Waste
Minimum Education/Certification/Experience: ï¿½ Less than high school ï¿½ Knowledge of or able to learn basic computer functions to access E-mail and bed tracking systems
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005001393
About Hi-Desert Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.